What Are Boating Lights?
Other than captaining your own plane, there are few other liberties as worthwhile as having your own boat and sailing where you please. A boat is the epitome of freedom for many because it allows you to go where you want, when you want. However, this thrill means that you might have to sail at night and in the dark, an endeavor which can be dangerous. One of the first and oldest safety measures is the use of lights on your boat.
Boats have lights on the interior and exterior. Exterior lights are important in being able to signal to other boats in cases of emergency.
Best Boating Lights For The Money
Here are some of the better examples of boating lights available to buy:
- Boat Interior Lights
- Marine Cabin Lights
- Courtesy Lights
- Please buy with confidence, we offer "ONE YEAR" warranty on item(s) damaged during delivery or have a confirmed manufacturer defect. (Please note: This led boat interior lights are only Rain-proof, so don't soak them in the water.)
- Package included: 2pcs 3.8" Marine LED Lights, Voltage: DC 12V, Flux: 120Lumens, Light Size: 75mm x 20mm x 5mm (2.95'' x 0.8'' x 0.2''); Light Size with Black Base: 95mm x 20mm x 10mm (3.8'' x 0.8'' x 0.4'')
- Application: Fit for Cockpit light, Courtesy Lights, Navigation Lights, Bow Lights, Stern Lights, Step Light, Decorate Light, Night light, Boat Center Console Light, Golf Cart Light. Common use for Marine Fishing Pontoon Boat Sailboat Kayak.
- Easy to Insall - 2 Wires Connection: Black is Negative and Anther is Positive. FREE screw set & Foam tape bases are included.
- Energy-saving, low temperature, low power consumption, long-lasting life.
- Powerful 12 Volt DC Dome Light with 60 3528-type LEDs. On/Off Rocker Switch on base.
- 6" Width (at base). Quality Aluminum base; Natural White LED (4000K). 180 LUMENS
- Easy to install using included mounting screws. Water resistant design.
- Directly wire to your boat, RV, truck, car, or utility vehicle 12 Volt power
- Fresnel lens broadly distributes lighting. Ideal for utility use anywhere you need extra light
- Five Oceans
- Blue Sea Systems
- Partsam 10Pack 3" LED Oblong Stainless Courtesy Light Accent Yacht Marine Boat - Clear/Red Light
- 3LEDs; Clear/Red; Surface mount design; Snap-on Bezel; Highly polished Stainless Steel Bezel; Ideal as a map, reading, chart, foot well, convenience, or utility lamp; Dimension: 3in. x 1-1/4in. x 2/5in.
- This small oval LED convenience, courtesy, reading and map light is an ideal lighting source for your RV, Truck, Car, Utility Vehicle, Boat or Aircraft; suitable for interior or exterior courtesy lighting on walkways, step or storage areas; found in high-end automotive and marine vehicles worldwide; Recessed mount.
- Featuring a slim and stylish design these lamps are ideal for illuminating onboard areas such as steps, stairs, toe kicks, storage areas, companion ways, deck fittings, signs and switches; Lamps can be installed on a vessel's interior or exterior, in wet or dry conditions
- Stylish and easy to install LED courtesy lamps provide safe, reliable and energy efficient lighting for interior or exterior applications; Oblong LED lamps are now available in a surface mount design for easier installation while still offering all the quality, efficiency and reliability
- Cuttable and linkable; It can be cut every 3 LEDs (approximately every 2") along the cutting marks, without damaging the rest strips
- Comes with 3M adhesive sticky backing for easy and flexible installation
- Slim, compact and flexible PCB strip allows easy concealment
- High brightness, LED chip; Low power consumption
- The small size and low voltage makes the Flex light ideal for a wide range of applications
- Clear accessory light
- Mounts on 2-11/16" centers with lens screws as mounting screw
- Twist in socket assembly contains both lead wire and ground wire for mounting on all surfaces
- Requires 1-1/4" socket hole for installation
How Are Boating Lights Used?
To fully enjoy your boating experience, you must make sure to follow certain rules related to lights on boats. These rules vary depending on many factors, such as the size and class of your boat. When looking at boating navigation lights and boating lights, keep the following in mind. These rules are in place for your safety.
- Sidelights should be red and green for the port and starboard, respectively. They should cover dead ahead up to 112.5 degrees aft on both sides.
- The stern should have white lights which shine aft and 67.5 degrees forward on either side.
- Boating lights should have all-around white lights that cover 360 degrees.
- The lights on the masthead should be white and go from the port side at 112.5 degrees around up to 112.5 degrees on the starboard side, above the sidelights.
- You are allowed to combine your sidelights into one bicolor light.
- If your sailboat is less than 20 meters, you need to have sidelights as well as a stern light. You may combine the sidelights into a bicolor light and have stern lights, or you may have a tricolor light on top of the mast. To avoid collisions on boats smaller than 7 meters, an electric torch or lantern is mandatory.
- If your vessel uses oars, you may use either a electric torch or lantern or have sailboat lights.
If you find yourself boating at night, these rules are extremely important because they will help you avoid collisions with other vessels. The importance of these light requirements may be overlooked over the greater joys of boating, but these requirements are intended to keep everyone safe.
Remember that it is always better to be safe than sorry. If you keep to these guidelines for boating lights, you will be able to enjoy all the pleasures that your boat has to offer without being concerned about breaking the law or putting anyone in danger.
The Latest In Boating Lights
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY: Buy with confidence, our product provides 1 year warranty. If any questions, please contact us directly.
- APPLICATION: DC 12V operated and with 9Pcs Germany 5050 led chips, can produce a very visible light of 2 miles, best idea for boat stern lights, deck lights, and boat interior lights on Marine Boat Pontoon Kayak Yacht Motorboat Vessel Dinghy Catamaran.
- EASY TO INSTALL: The 3M strong Double-sided adhesive on the back of the strip light enables you to mount it in any where you want, and the 4PCS screws will help you fix it more stable. Don't worry about it falling off.
- IP67 WATERPROOF: Professional marine strip lights, Raining Resistant, Washing Resistant, Seawater Splashing Resistant .
- LOW POWER CONSUME: Energy-saving, Low temperature, Low Amp Draw For a Longer Lifespan over 50,000 hours.
- (Pack of 5) White High Quality High Luminance LED Partsam's thin line Led Marker Light, Stylish & Functional as Universal Led Marker Clearance Light Indicator Light;
- DC12V Each Light with High Quality 6 LEDs; Waterproof + Shock Proof + Viberation + Dust Proof; Brightness: 120 lumen each light with 6 pcs High Quality SMD LED 50,000hrs life span.
- Easy to Install, Long-lasting and Durable, Longer Life LED Lifetime, Minimal Maintenance Cost. Good Looking and Utility, Energy Saving, Environmental Protection, Waterproof, Reliable and Safe. Increase Safety when Driving at Night.
- Two-wire design includes both lead wire and ground wire for mounting to all surfaces; The Black Wire is Negative/Ground. Light Dimension: 9.6cm x 2cm x 1cm (3.8'' x 0.8'' x 0.4'') approx. Distance between center-to-center holes: 8.2cm (3.2") approx. Easy to Install with FREE Screw set included & Foam tape base.
- Fits for most Buses/Trucks/Trailers/Lorries; can be used for side marker light, rear light, indicator light, turn signal light, rear tail light, license light, Parking light etc. Anywhere you can image as well as the size fit
- Partsam transom light has longevity and low draw of LED technology applied to a round, flush-mount white light for vertical transoms. Also, it can also serve as an interior cabin or courtesy light
- 3 inch Diameter; 12 V DC; 6-2835-SMD; Flush mount; Replaces existing stern & swim platform lights with LED lighting
- Chrome Bezel: Quality flange constructed; Durable Light Body: Durable clear plastic lens and body
- Accessories Included: Come with the mounting screws you need, easy to install
- It can be used to light an interior compartment and may also be used as a cockpit courtesy light
Boating Lights Video
Here is a YouTube video discussing various types of boating lights: