What Are Boating Lights?
Other than captaining your own plane, there are few other liberties as worthwhile as having your own boat and sailing where you please. A boat is the epitome of freedom for many because it allows you to go where you want, when you want. However, this thrill means that you might have to sail at night and in the dark, an endeavor which can be dangerous. One of the first and oldest safety measures is the use of lights on your boat.
Boats have lights on the interior and exterior. Exterior lights are important in being able to signal to other boats in cases of emergency.
Best Boating Lights For The Money
Here are some of the better examples of boating lights available to buy:
- Please buy with confidence, we offer "ONE YEAR" warranty on item(s) damaged during delivery or have a confirmed manufacturer defect. (Please note: This led boat interior lights are only Rain-proof, so don't soak them in the water.)
- Package included: 2pcs 3.8" Marine LED Lights, Voltage: DC 12V, Flux: 120Lumens, Light Size: 75mm x 20mm x 5mm (2.95'' x 0.8'' x 0.2''); Light Size with Black Base: 95mm x 20mm x 10mm (3.8'' x 0.8'' x 0.4'')
- Application: Fit for Cockpit light, Courtesy Lights, Navigation Lights, Bow Lights, Stern Lights, Step Light, Decorate Light, Night light, Boat Center Console Light, Golf Cart Light. Common use for Marine Fishing Pontoon Boat Sailboat Kayak.
- Easy to Insall - 2 Wires Connection: Black is Negative and Anther is Positive. FREE screw set & Foam tape bases are included.
- Energy-saving, low temperature, low power consumption, long-lasting life.
- Boat Interior Lights
- Marine Cabin Lights
- Courtesy Lights
- Operates 9-16 Volt DC Systems
- Rated at 100,000 Hours of Service Life
- Requires 11/16" (.687) Hole
- Shock and Vibration Proof
- Cool to the Touch
- Partsam 4Pack 3" LED Oblong Stainless Courtesy Light Accent Yacht Marine Boat - Clear/White Light
- This small oval LED convenience, courtesy, reading and map light is an ideal lighting source for your RV, Truck, Car, Utility Vehicle, Boat or Aircraft; suitable for interior or exterior courtesy lighting on walkways, step or storage areas; found in high-end automotive and marine vehicles worldwide; Recessed mount.
- 3LEDs; Clear/White; Surface mount design; Snap-on Bezel; Highly polished Stainless Steel Bezel; Ideal as a map, reading, chart, foot well, convenience, or utility lamp; Dimension: 3in. x 1-1/4in. x 2/5in.
- Featuring a slim and stylish design these lamps are ideal for illuminating onboard areas such as steps, stairs, toe kicks, storage areas, companion ways, deck fittings, signs and switches; Lamps can be installed on a vessel's interior or exterior, in wet or dry conditions
- Stylish and easy to install LED courtesy lamps provide safe, reliable and energy efficient lighting for interior or exterior applications; Oblong LED lamps are now available in a surface mount design for easier installation while still offering all the quality, efficiency and reliability
- 8Pack; 3LEDs; Clear/Blue; 12V; Recess Mounted; 3" x 1-1/4"; Waterproof; Black Finish Stainless Steel Bezel
- This LED Stainless Courtesy Light for your camper trailer, marine, boat, caravan, RV applications.
- both suitable for all of your interior and exterior applications as a courtesy light, step light, accent light, or garden light.
- It is equipped with a waterproof construction, and can provide a trustworthy pedestrian lighting for your walkways and assist with the privacy of your gardens.
- features a recessed mounting design, harmonizes well with any architectural building.
- Pulls low amps
- High Lumens
- Size: 8" long
- Surface Mount Dome Light w/Switch - 4" Dia - 6 Red/9 White LED Combination is Ideal for interior use in boats, RVs and other applications
- Surface Mount - Easy Installation with Hidden Fasteners
- Circuit board completely sealed in epoxy to resist water, corrosion and vibration
- On/Off Rocker Switch on Bezel with UV Stable white housing resists color fading
- 12 Volt with Low Power Draw Super flux (P4) type LEDs, super bright, long life span up to 100,000 hours
- Five Oceans
- Standard 2 Pin Base
- Seasense Locking Collar Included
- 1 NM, 225° Visibility
How Are Boating Lights Used?
To fully enjoy your boating experience, you must make sure to follow certain rules related to lights on boats. These rules vary depending on many factors, such as the size and class of your boat. When looking at boating navigation lights and boating lights, keep the following in mind. These rules are in place for your safety.
- Sidelights should be red and green for the port and starboard, respectively. They should cover dead ahead up to 112.5 degrees aft on both sides.
- The stern should have white lights which shine aft and 67.5 degrees forward on either side.
- Boating lights should have all-around white lights that cover 360 degrees.
- The lights on the masthead should be white and go from the port side at 112.5 degrees around up to 112.5 degrees on the starboard side, above the sidelights.
- You are allowed to combine your sidelights into one bicolor light.
- If your sailboat is less than 20 meters, you need to have sidelights as well as a stern light. You may combine the sidelights into a bicolor light and have stern lights, or you may have a tricolor light on top of the mast. To avoid collisions on boats smaller than 7 meters, an electric torch or lantern is mandatory.
- If your vessel uses oars, you may use either a electric torch or lantern or have sailboat lights.
If you find yourself boating at night, these rules are extremely important because they will help you avoid collisions with other vessels. The importance of these light requirements may be overlooked over the greater joys of boating, but these requirements are intended to keep everyone safe.
Remember that it is always better to be safe than sorry. If you keep to these guidelines for boating lights, you will be able to enjoy all the pleasures that your boat has to offer without being concerned about breaking the law or putting anyone in danger.
The Latest In Boating Lights
- Five Oceans
- This welcome lights is positioned into the under surface of the car doors
- Dedicated to the TESLA car,Installation is simple,Directly replace the original car door lights
- No drilling, no wiring, no disassemblying, no damage to your Car. Easy to install,It will only take you about 5 minutes
- When the door is opened, the TESLA LOGO is illuminated onto the open door surface to provide a light to aid entry into and out of the vehicle
- High Definition and Bright Projection.Using high brightness LED chip,Very bright lighting output,Very low power consumption
- Package includes: Projector Ghost Shadow Lights; Color temperature: 6500K
- Dedicated to the Mercedes-Benz cars,Installation is simple,Directly replace the original car door lights
- No drilling, no wiring, no disassemblying, no damage to your Car. Easy to install,It will only take you about 5 minutes.
- When the door is opened, the Benz LOGO is illuminated onto the open door surface to provide a light to aid entry into and out of the vehicle
- High Definition and Bright Projection.Using high brightness LED chip,Very bright lighting output,Very low power consumption.
Boating Lights Video
Here is a YouTube video discussing various types of boating lights: