Top Light Bulbs
Whether you’ve stepped foot along a busy street at night, watched cars pass outside your window, or simply opened the fridge to look for something to eat at 3 am, you’re sure to have come into contact with a light bulb at some point in your day to day life.
In technical terms, a light bulb is an invention that produces light when connected to a powering circuit. This can include a wide range of lights from the fluorescent lights of school hallways to the halogen lights in the front of your SUV. But how well do you know the ins and outs of what makes up these amazing pieces of technology we take for granted?
Best Light Bulbs For The Money
Here are some of the better examples of light bulbs available to buy:
- These LED lamps make an energy-efficient replacement and substitute for standard 60 watt incandescent lamps. At 8.5 watts, each bulb emits the bright light output of 800 lumens
- These bulbs are a great energy-saving replacement for old incandescent bulbs because each lamp has a total lifespan of up to 11, 000 hours. You won't need to constantly change your lightbulbs anymore
- These LED lightbulbs require less energy and can save money on your energy bill. Each soft white light bulb works as a great replacement for old 60W incandescent bulbs
- These LED light bulbs have a Color temperature of 2700 kelvin, which produces a soft white Color. This bulb is perfect for your nightstand, living room, or dining room
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Add additional Smart light points to your home and expand your Philips Hue ecosystem with this 4-bulb White Smart Bulb pack. Requires the Philips Hue hub for full experience, sold separately
- Turn lights on/off, dim to the desired level and set up schedules from wherever you have WiFi connection using the Philips Hue App (iOS and Android). Control your Philips Hue lights with your voice using Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant
- To install, simply screw the smart bulbs into your desired light location, download the Hue mobile app and pair your Hue Hub (sold separately). Control smart-bulb-equipped lamps and overhead lights via the Philips Hue App
- Connect the bulbs directly to your other Smart Home Devices like Amazon Echo Plus, Nest, or SmartThings systems. Easily expand your lighting system with accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor
- VOICE CONTROL - LUMIMAN Smart bulb no hub compatible with Amazon Alexa Echo (via Smart Life), Echo dot and Google Home Assistant, control the wifi bulb via your voice, No hub required. (e.g. 'Alexa, set the bedroom to purple')
- REMOTE CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE - With the free PlusMinus App or LUMIMAN App on your smartphone or tablet, you can turn on/off the Alexa enabled smart light bulbs whether you are at home or away.
- MULTICOLOR AND SCHEDULE FEATURE - Create your favorite light effects with 16 million colors and the brightness of every color is dimmable. You may also set up schedules to turn on/off according to the preset time.
- WIDE APPLICATION - You can set different light modes on LUMIMAN App to match various occasions including kitchen, living room, bedroom. Wifi led smart light bulb also can be used for table lamp, cafe, bar, party, etc.
- SUPPORT AND WARRANTY - Friendly and professional support team are at your service 24/7; Products are with our worry-free 24-month warranty. NOTE: LUMIMAN WiFi smart light bulb only supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Choose from 16 million colors to instantly change the look and atmosphere of your room or control your lights with your Voice device. Requiring the Hue hub (sold separately) for the full Hue experience
- Voice control: Control your Philips Hue lights with your voice using Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant. Pair it for home automation with your existing Nest or Samsung SmartThings system
- To install, simply screw in the smart bulbs into your desired light location, download the Hue mobile app and pair your Hue Hub. Control smart-bulb-equipped lamps and overhead lights via the Philips Hue App. Ideal for your favorite ceiling fan lights, floor lamps, table lamps, pendant lights, and more throughout your home
- Easily expand your lighting system with accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor
- SAVE UP TO 85% ON YOUR ENERGY BILL - Energy efficient 9 watt LED bulbs to replace your 60 watt bulbs for immediate savings now! LONG LASTING - 25,000 hours or over 22 years. No more light bulb changes.
- DIRECT REPLACEMENT LED bulbs to replace incandescent, halogen, and CFL lamps. 9W LED bulb replaces 60W bulb. 3000K Soft White color
- INSTANT ON - No waiting to warm up like CFL bulbs and HIGH CRI of 83+ means brilliant realistic colors. Operates down to -4 degrees F
- UL Listed - this product has been tested and listed by the Underwriter Laboratories' meaning it has met their rigorous nationally recognized safety requirements. WARRANTIED for 3 years. USA Seller is accessible with fast turn around time.
- NON-DIMMABLE - General use LED light bulbs for table lamps, floor lamps, desk lamps, recessed housing, can, retrofit, ceiling fan, vanity, bathroom, living room, kitchen, track, and anywhere in home or commercial use.
- 【High Brightness and Efficient】 the garage tlight can support 8000LM with 80W.LED Energy saving would save over 85% on electricity bill. The higher brightness and higher illumination could be meet your all needs
- 【Independent Adiator Panel】 compared the old bulbs and old LED bulbs, you no need relace few pcs in one or two years; Because the new die-casting adiator design solved the cooling problems, and give this light lights very long lifespan, for more than 5 years.
- 【Adjustable LED AL head】more wide lighting beam angle, The 3 aluminum LED panel are adjustable, which can be folded up to 90 degree, for cover a wide area
- 【Quick and Simple Installation】 No tools required,and no wiring and professional electricians are needed. Installation is as easy as screwing in a light bulb
- 【2 years warranty】 If you have any questions about the product, pls just feel free to let us know. We'll try our best to help you.
- Dim Annoying LED lights on electronics and appliances in the home, office, or car
- Each package contains over 100 dims and Dims 50-80% of Light
- Easy to use, just peel and stick
- Does not leave a sticky residue when you remove them
- Comes in minimal packaging to help reduce waste
- Shape: Nightlight (C-7)
- Filament: C-7A Long Life with 7 supports
- Base: E12 (Candelabra/Nightlight)
- Power: 15 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- VOICE CONTROL: The Philips Hue White Smart Bulb works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming through voice control.
- SCHEDULE YOUR OWN CUSTOM LIGHTING SCENES: Philips Hue can make it seem like you're home when you're not, using the schedule function in the Philips Hue app. Set the smart bulbs to come on at a pre-set time, so the lights are on when you arrive home. You can even set rooms to light up at different times. And of course, you can let the smart lights turn off gradually in the night, so you never have to worry whether you've left any lights on. This is the perfect way to personalize your smart home.
- EASY INSTALLATION: To install, simply screw the smart bulbs into your desired light location, download the Hue mobile app and pair your Hue Hub (sold separately). Control smart-bulb-equipped lamps and overhead lights via the Philips Hue App
- EXPAND YOUR ECOSYTEM: Connect the smart bulb directly to your other Smart Home Devices like Amazon Echo Plus, Nest, or SmartThings systems. Easily expand your smart lighting system with hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor
- 【2018 Newest Version - 4 Modes Design】 - The newest version 4 modes Led Flame Bulb which includes Flame Emulation Mode / Gravity Induced Mode / General Light Mode / Breathing Mode, when you turn on/turn off the bulb,you can see that the mode will be changed. Unlike those 1 mode or 3 modes flaming bulbs, DILISENS Fire light bulbs provide more modes for you, satisfied all of your needs, much more practical
- 【Energy Efficient & Long Lifespan】- DILISENS flame bulbs Made by high brightness 2835 led beads,1600K, excellent heat dissipation,can work for 100000+ hours;The input voltage is AC85-265v, the power is 4W. E26 Easy to install and apply to any country;Save up to 90% of electricity from traditional led bulbs, our led flickering light bulbs save money on your next electric bill
- 【Wide Applications & Thoughtful Gifts】- You can use these flame light bulbs indoor or outdoor, like the desk light, floor light, wall light, chandelier, crystal fixture, garden lights, sconces. The 4 mode Fire bulbs can be used as atmosphere lighting, great for family holidays/ parties and gatherings; DILISENS Decorative bulbs, the warm flame colors decorate your space and give you a quiet, romantic and relaxing moment, bring you warmth, enthusiasm and passion, truly thoughtful Christmas gifts
- 【Environment Friendly & High Quality】- DILISENS flame lamp simulates natural flame, flickering flame light bulbs, no open flame, safe and energy-saving LED light source; Environmental protect, no harmful substances, no UV and infrared radiation, 100% Safe. (Tips: To get better flame flickering performance, install this bulb in a frosted lampshade, lantern, salt lamp etc)
- 【Customer First & Warranty】- 30-Day money back, 18-Month warranty and lifetime support.If your friends are upset or do not yet know how to dress up their house,DILISENS flame light bulbs are the best gifts to solve their distress and make their house look more Rich festive atmosphere.(Note: If you turn it off for about 45 seconds,it will go back to flame mode)
What is a Light Bulb?
While officially patented by Thomas Edison, the invention of the lightbulb predates his version by about seventy years with the invention of the arc lamp by Humphrey Davey in 1802. Simply made of a cotton filament that would glow when powered, this lamp was impressive but impractical. The light produced was too vibrant and the exposed filament posed a serious fire hazard. Further developments were made over the following years, including treating the cotton filament to prevent smoke and encasing the filament in a glass orb filled with nitrogen to produce a stronger flame.
While many individuals contributed on the invention of the light bulb we see today; Edison’s team is credited with perfecting the vacuum seal in modern light bulbs and spearheaded the use of carbonized bamboo filament to produce a longer-lasting light bulb. But we’ve come a long way from the early days of incandescent bulbs.
Types of Light BulbsWhile modern lightbulbs come in all shapes and sizes, most mass-produced version fall into one of four categories: incandescent, compact fluorescent (CFLs), Halogen, and LED bulbs. The first category, incandescent, is the same kind of bulb invented by Edison. By heating up a filament the bulb produces a steady, sustainable source of light. CFLs, on the other hand, superheat mercury to produce a tone controlled, cooler light source that is more cost and energy effective than their forerunners. These are the curly lights that you find in most lamp fixtures. Halogen bulbs, as well as Krypton and Xenon bulbs, work by heating up a filament or other conductor within a bulb that is filled with a type of gas. The type and coloration of the light produced comes from these different gases and how they react to the heat produced by the filament. While Krypton lights produce a very clear, white light, halogen bulbs are more yellow in nature.
The final type of lightbulb is the LED. Known for being more environmentally friendly and economically conservative than their counterparts, these light-emitting diodes take advantage of electroluminescence to produce a vibrant, often colorful light. Since these forms of light produce a very minimal amount of heat and can be made incredibly small, they are used in electronics and remote controls, as well as headlights and flashlights.
With so many different light bulbs to chose from, finding the right source of light for your home, office, work space, or yard can seem challenging. Make sure to keep in mind the different strengths and cost options available when looking to shed a little light on your home.
The Latest In Light Bulbs
No products found.
Light Bulbs Video
Here is a YouTube video discussing various types of light bulbs: