What Is Outdoor Lighting?
In the world of home décor, many things have confusing or otherwise besides the point names, such as bidets and throws. However Outdoor lighting does not suffer from this classification. Like the name entails, outdoor lighting is lighting that is meant to be used outdoors. As such, this kind of lighting is made to withstand the elements and look pretty while doing it too. Outdoor lighting can run the gambit from porch lights to path lights and spotlights made to make backing into your driveway easier. While the world of outdoor lighting is as complex and varied as any other lighting or home decoration category, here are some of the basic kinds of outdoor lights and what they are generally used for. Besides, of course, providing light.
Best Outdoor Lighting For The Money
Here are some of the better examples of outdoor lighting available to buy:
- Homemory Realistic and Bright Flickering Bulb Battery Operated Flameless LED Tea Light for Seasonal & Festival Celebration
- A generous package of 36 candles with batteries included and installed, ready to use and easy to turn on or off with a sliding switch. Standard size tea light candles fit into any votive, tea light holders, and luminary bags
- Long-life, energy-efficient, and environment-friendly LED light powered by one single CR2032 replaceable button cell (included and installed), estimated to last over 100 hours with one new battery
- Better safe than sorry, these candles are flame-less and smoke-free, absolutely no fire hazards or burning risks, safe for families with pet(s) or young child(ren)
- Battery-powered (battery included & installed) amber color LED tea light candles provide realistic flickering effect, ideal for accent decorations for holiday celebrations, wedding ceremonies, special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries, memorial services, church gatherings, DIY projects and etc. Wind-proof for both indoors and outdoors use, at homes, restaurants, churches, schools, backyards, sports venues and etc.
- 100% GUARANTEE- We are extremely committed to our customers. If you don't fall in love with your LED Candles the moment you open the packaging. We then back that up with a 10 Year Warranty. (defection, accidental damage, non-satisfaction) You won't find another vendor who offers that. It's not just a promise, it's a matter of our brand integrity.
- 25 feet long string with 25 clear G40 Bulbs, end to end connectable.
- Light bulbs have candelabra (E12) socket base, UL listed.
- 6" lead with male plug, 12" spacing between bulbs, 6" tail with female connector. Total Length 25 Feet
- Great for Bistro Pergola Deckyard Market Cafe Gazebo Porch Marquee Letters, Weddings, Garden, Tents, Gatherings, Bbq, City Rooftops, Umbrella, Dinner Parties, Birthday Parties
- We offer 1-Year quality guarantee. Please contact the seller directly if you have any quality problems.For Bulbs replacement, please search B00R25V92Y
- UNIQUE DESIGN: We designed the internal circuit diagram of the lamp beads by ourself. There are positive and negative pole directions on the bottom of our LED, which is different with those lights on the market.
- SUPER BRIGHT&LONG WORKING TIME: Compared with other common 4 or 12 led solar lights, we designed our solar lights with 8 led lights, which is brighter than 4 led and working longer than 12 led.
- WEATHER RESISTANCE: IP64 waterproof and heatproof, solar powered lights, suitable for most kinds of weathers. Great outdoor light for your garden, yard, aisle, porch, patio, or driveway etc...
- AUTOMATED SWITCH: Turn on at night when motion sensor detected , and automatically off after motion stops. sensing range of 10 feet with a 120 degree sensing angle.
- SOLAR PANEL LIFE SPAN: 5 years - LED Life Span - 50000 hours.only takes 6-8 hours to fully charge.(Please note that 8LED is for the 8 Lamp Beads in One Light Not for 8 Lights in one package.)
- 【PIR Motion Lights & No Dim Mode】 Designed with No dim mode to increase product life span.When motion is detected within 3-5m, the motion sensor lights will turn on automatically in darkness or at night,which provides your illumination for security and safety protection.
- 【28 LED Ultra-Bright Solar Powered Lights】There are 28 powerful LEDs and the motion angle is 120º which can provide excellent illumination and turn the dark space into a bright lighted space. With a lampshade covering the led, well designed to longer its performance life
- 【High Efficiency and Eco-Friendly】 By expousring to sunlight for around 8 hours in daytime, the solar light is able to work for you by motion detecting at night
- 【Waterproof IP65 and Durable】 The solar outdoor lights is water resistant and heat-resistant. A great solar security light for outdoor patio, garden, deck, yard, drive, outside wall, fence etc
- 【WARRANTY POLICY】 We promise a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and 90-Day Limited Product Warranty
- World-leading Solar Light Brand-As the leader of the solar light industry, Litom focuses on the innovation of design and technology to provide the best lighting experience to customer from all over the world. Litom has sold more than 5,000,000 solar lights and been favorably reviewed by more than 4,000,000 customers.
- Super Bright Lighting Experience-Combining 30 pieces of high power LED beads with the innovative wide angle design, Litom LED Light improves the light utilization by 30% and lighting angle 50%. The illumination range of one light can reach 215 square feet and 860 square feet for 4 lights to be used simultaneously.
- All-Day Working Light-Adopts world-leading solar panel that produced by SunPower, which photoelectric conversion rate is 25% higher than other solar panel. Litom LED light absorbs and converts sunlight into electricity and stores in daytime and light up for 30 seconds when motion detected at night. It will prolong lighting time if motion detected once again during lighting, which meets your need to for all night use(single mode).
- Best-in-Class Sensor-Litom develops its own PIR sensor which sensing range and sensitivity are both 20% higher than general LED lights, bringing ultimate using experience.
- 36-Month-Long Life Span-Liom LED light is the first LED light rates IP67 in the world that it completely protects circuit and battery and makes its life span 3 times than other solar light.
Types of Outdoor LightingOne of the most common, and simplest forms of outdoor lighting is the flood light. Another simply named product, a floodlight is used to flood an area with light. These lights can come in various intensities and are used to light up dark driveways for easy late-night parking, as well as to highlight a sign or window decoration that would otherwise go unnoticed. Floodlights are also commonly used to provide line of sight for security cameras in areas that may be easily obscured or need additional security.
Next up are the patio lights. Patio lighting can come in dozens of different styles, but the general purpose of these handy little lights are to give your porch or patio a welcoming glow. Wall lights various kinds of inset lights that can help you see your steps or doorways, and stake lights made to shine upwards from your lawn at a deck all count as patio lights. The most common forms of patio lights feature a solar power supply, meaning they save you money on electricity and are environmentally friendly. Plus, they help show up your amazing outdoor entertainment space, which is really all anyone can ask of a light source.
Hanging lights are the third and widest outdoor lighting category, containing anything from outdoor Christmas decorations to industrial-era lightbulb string lights most commonly found in prom dance halls. These lights bring a touch of magic to any outdoor entertainment space, all while staying conveniently out of the way. They can also be used to create a quiet atmosphere around a hammock or outdoor theater. With solar options available, you can set these lights up anywhere in the great outdoors and enjoy the magical feeling of the great outdoors. Just remember to bring bug spray.
The final category of outdoor lighting is the post lights. Usually solar powered, these lights are either mounted on poles and place along a driveway or path and are used to ensure safe travels even after dark. They can also be placed in gardens. Most often orb-shaped or based off classic lanterns, these light sources give your pathways a feel of fantasy as your guests approach your back patio or front door.
Whatever outdoor light you decide works best for you, the wide variety of lighting options available will make sure that your backyard is well lit and well used this summer.
The Latest In Outdoor Lighting
Outdoor Lighting Video
Here is a YouTube video discussing various types of outdoor lighting:
- Landscape Lighting
- Deck Lights
- Figurine Lights
- In Ground Lights
- Outdoor Step Lights
- Path Lights
- Outdoor Spotlights
- Post Lights
- String Lights
- Porch And Patio Lights
- Flood And Security Lights
- Umbrella Lights
- Decorative Lighting Projectors
- Tabletop Lighting
- Outdoor Flameless Candles
- Outdoor Lanterns
- Outdoor Table Lamps
- Outdoor Floor Lamps
- Outdoor Lighting Accessories
- Lamp Oil
- Low Voltage Transformers
- Post Light Accessories
- Outdoor Lights